Sweet Pickins Milk Paint is a true milk paint which comes in a powder form. Our Milk Paint is environmentally safe and non-toxic. There is a slight milky odor when it is applied, but it is completely odorless when dry. Our milk paint is 100% VOC free and is made with all natural earth materials.
– To make the paint, you simply mix the powder with warm water. Each bag contains 6 oz. powder and makes one pint when mixed. One package will cover 36 sq. ft., which is approx. 2 smaller dressers, 1 small hutch or 5-6 chairs. How far the paint goes will depend upon your painting technique, how thick/thin you mix the paint, how many coats you do and the contrast between the color your are painting compared to the piece your are painting.
– There is no prep work with milk paint! You can simply clean your piece and then paint!!
– Add Extra – Bond when painting over a nonporous or previously finished/painted piece of furniture. The Extra – Bond will ensure adhesion and give you better control over chipping. I highly recommend to always have the Extra – Bond on hand when using milk paint. Milk paint is known for its unpredictability when not using the Extra – Bond.
– Because milk paint comes in a powder form, you can control how thick/thin you mix the paint. You can use it as you would regular paint, thinner for a wash/stain or thicker to create texture.
– Milk Paint can naturally chip or crackle when applied over some existing finishes. This can result in an authentic look reminiscent of a chippy/aged/timeworn piece of furniture.
– Sweet Pickins Milk Paint colors can be mixed together to achieve your own custom colors. You can also add white to lighten or black to darken. Remember to keep your ratios if you want to recreate the color!
– Sweet Pickins Milk Paint can be top coated with any available product on the market, although the most popular today is wax. To protect milk paint from water spots, it must be top coated.
– Many variations in color and texture naturally occur on milk painted pieces and this is completely normal! These unique variations which only come with true milk paint, add depth and dimension to each project.
– You can use the same techniques for distressing and glazing milk paint as you would any other paint. Don’t be afraid to experiment!
Full instructions on how to use our paint are included in packaging.
We ask for payment using Paypal or accepted credit cards listed by Etsy. We do not charge taxes on purchases. We do accept cancellations, but since we strive to ship out items within one business day of cleared funds, we will need to hear from you immediately!
We strive to ship out your items that you have purchased within 1 business day of receipt of cleared funds. Sometimes there may be an unforeseen delay but we will contact you if we are not able to ship within 1 day.
We ship using the US Postal service. The services that we use include Parcel Post, Priority Mail, or First Class. We understand that once you have made a purchase that you would like to receive your item as soon as possible, so we will ship using the fastest (but most economical) method.
We do not add any additional fees for shipping and handling. We insure all items that are over $50 US Dollars in value.
We will refund all purchases that arrive damaged, but we do ask for the following:
Contact us immediately if there is a problem.
Send us photos of any item that is damaged in advance of returning the item so that we can discuss the situation.
Buyer pays for the return shipping.
We love what we do, and hope that you love it too! We hope that you enjoy your items that you have purchased from us, and that you will refer us to your friends and family. It is so much fun to find treasures and to be able to share them with others, don't you agree?
Many blessings to you!
Dec 7, 2016
I can't give 5 stars because I haven't used the product yet but I can say that the shop shipped it extremely fast, which is always awesome! Two thumbs up.👍🏽👍🏽